Starting with Connect 10r5, there is a new mechanism for installing patches. Instead of manually copying new files to each node in a deployment, you can deploy patches from the Deployment Editor in the UI.
- Navigate to the deployment in the deployment editor. Go to the Machines subtab.
- In the Machines subtab, ensure that all machines are running. Then click Enable Flush. This command will checkpoint the system by forcing any storage log files on the nodes to be copied to the database.
- Unpack the patch distribution on the Connect install node. Edit the properties files, taking special care to preserve the crypto.properties file and any encryption keys.
- Stop the Connect UI.
- On the install node, run updatedb and seeddb to upgrade the database schema.
- Install the new Connect UI. Be sure to install the new authentication provider if that has changed.
- Start the new Connect UI.
- Navigate to the deployment in the deployment editor.
- Stop all the nodes and run the Install command for each node. The Install command will copy the new Connect files to the deployed nodes and update the configuration files on each node. Note that the Connect install directory was changed to the new version when you ran seeddb in step 5.
- Restart the nodes. Once the nodes have started, click Disable Flush. The system should now be fully operational.
If you have multiple active deployments, you will need to perform step 2 and steps 8-10 for each active deployment.